Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive form of cancer primarily caused by exposure to asbestos. If you or someone you love is suffering from this devastating illness, you deserve just compensation. That’s where Wool Trial Law can assist you.
We have extensive experience litigating mass torts related to asbestos exposure and fighting for the rights of mesothelioma victims nationwide. Our attorneys understand you’ve endured pain and hardships and will provide you with knowledge, compassion, and aggressive representation. Contact our office today to get started on your path to justice and compensation.
What is Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that affects the mesothelium, a thin layer of tissue that covers many internal organs. Mesothelioma is frequently linked to asbestos exposure and can manifest in various forms, depending on the area of the mesothelium affected. According to the Mayo Clinic, there are two main types of mesothelioma:
- Pleural mesothelioma is the most common form of the disease that affects the pleura, the protective lining of the lungs. Symptoms of pleural mesothelioma include shortness of breath, persistent cough, chest pain, and unexplained weight loss.
- Peritoneal mesothelioma affects the peritoneum, the lining of the abdominal cavity. Common symptoms of peritoneal mesothelioma include abdominal pain, swelling, nausea, and changes in bowel habits.
Other types of asbestos-related mesothelioma include:
- Pericardial mesothelioma is a rare form that affects the pericardium, the protective sac surrounding the heart. Symptoms include chest pain, shortness of breath, and irregular heartbeat.
- Testicular mesothelioma is also extremely rare. This type affects the tunica vaginalis, the protective lining of the testicles. Symptoms of testicular mesothelioma are often vague and may include testicular pain, swelling, or the presence of a lump.
Mesothelioma has a long latency period, meaning symptoms may not appear until decades after exposure to the harmful substance. If you suspect that you or a loved one may be experiencing symptoms of mesothelioma, it is crucial to consult with a healthcare professional as soon as possible. Unfortunately, mesothelioma is difficult to diagnose and is often detected after it becomes too advanced to treat. The prognosis for many victims is grim: the average life expectancy ranges from 12 to 21 months.
Environmental Factors Involved in Mesothelioma
The primary cause of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos, a naturally occurring mineral with heat-resistant properties. Asbestos was widely used in construction, insulation, and various other industries until the late 20th century.
Due to its widespread use, millions of workers and their families have been exposed to asbestos, putting them at risk of developing mesothelioma. Primary sources of asbestos exposure include:
- Occupational exposure – Workers in industries such as construction, shipbuilding, automotive, and power plants have faced significant asbestos exposure
- Secondary exposure – Family members of workers may have been exposed to asbestos fibers brought home on clothing and hair
- Environmental exposure – Individuals living near asbestos mines or factories may have faced exposure to air and soil contamination
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be eligible to file a mass tort lawsuit against the parties responsible for your exposure to asbestos. If a family member has died as a result of mesothelioma, survivors – spouses, children, parents, or other dependents – we can file a wrongful death suit on your behalf. No matter the circumstances, it takes an experienced mass tort attorney to protect your rights and interests.
How Our Firm Can Help
You can trust Wool Trial Law to help you navigate the complexities of a toxic tort lawsuit. Our mass tort lawyer has extensive experience handling cases involving large numbers of plaintiffs and understands the nuances of mesothelioma litigation.
Importantly, our firm has access to resources needed to investigate, prepare, and present a strong case on your behalf, including expert witnesses, medical professionals, and researchers who can help establish a clear link between your asbestos exposure and your diagnosis.
By joining a mass tort lawsuit, you gain the advantage of collective bargaining power. Mass torts involve multiple parties who share similar claims, allowing you to present a united front against large corporations and manufacturers. This increases your chances of securing a favorable settlement or verdict.
When you work with us, we will provide you with strategic representation and personalized attention. Above all, we will work closely with you to understand your unique circumstances and guide you through the legal process every step of the way.
Our legal team is highly skilled in negotiating with defendants and their insurance companies, often resulting in higher settlements or jury awards than you may be able to secure on your own. By working with our capable mass torts attorney, you increase the likelihood of obtaining the financial compensation you deserve for your pain, suffering, lost income, and medical expenses.
Talk To An Experienced Mesothelioma Trial Lawyer Today!
At Wool Trial Law, we handle mass tort claims on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing to us until we recover for you. If you have been diagnosed with this disease, we will treat you with dignity and compassion, and fight to win you compensation for all your medical and financial needs. The sooner you contact our office, the sooner we can start working on your claim.